Burgundian Maritime Prefecture
|Navy of Burgundie|
- coastal defense
- maritime safety
- customs and migration enforcement
As civil servants, the officers report to the Chancellor. However, since the Maritime Prefecture oversees security operations, and thus, also reports to the Chief of the Staff of the Security Forces.
The office and dignity was created in 1824, during the Northern Levantine Mediatization War to unify the command of harbors (civil administrator) and the command of the Navy (Admiral). The Prefecture service was designed and originally recruited by the Kiravian Littoral Force, as an effort to stabilize the trade waters around Great Kirav.
The Prefecto marítim is in charge of the Burgundian sovereignty at sea, monitoring operation, safety of the users, police and rescue operations, etc. The prefect also commands all armed vessel harbored in their prefect.
The present Prefectures marítimes are:
- Coscivian Sea and Kilikas Sea, (NordHalle, Burgundie): Admiral Michel-Edouard d'Afraine
- Cronan Sea and Sea of Orxital, (Drovan, Flordeterra): Rear Admiral Elodie Marchon-Bliesee
- Audonian Ocean and Levantine Ocean, (Joint Base Ayermer, Ayermer): Rear Admiral Portia Jeanieuse
- Aquilonem Ocean, (Joint Base Cin Vhetin/Novilla, Novilla): Rear Admiral Anthonie Remique-Faxon