Port de Vent
|Port de Vent|
|Bailiwick of Burgundie |
Oceanview from one of the many new resorts in Port de Vent
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Capital City||Port de Vent|
|• Total||880.596 km2 (340.000 sq mi)|
|• Density||14,000/km2 (37,000/sq mi)|
Port de Vent is a subtropical island that has been part of Burgundie since the country seized the island, initiating the Battle of the Kindreds Sea in 1826. Its population of 12.5 million is primarily a mixture of Palmerian and Bergendii dissent. The primary economic drivers are the port facilities at the capital city of Port de Vent and the resort/hospitality industry that caters to mostly Burgundian middle-class tourists. The island uses the Burgundian language but many locals speech a pigeon form of Palmerian/Burundian at home, known as the Language of the Winds (BRG: Langue della Vents, PAL: Lingua des las Vents).
The island is covered in lush palm groves and bordered by white sand beaches. The northwestern corner of the island are wrung by coral reefs with a diversity of land, sea, and aerial fauna. This, coupled with the geographically specific flora, makes the island a popular eco and adventure tourism destination.
The majority of the island's infrastructure is based around the port with the periphery only recently seeing improvements as the resort industry expands. In the last 30 years, the number of improved roads has quintupled with specific improvements in highway and light rail services.
The northwestern part of the island, known as Cape Mackarel (BUR: Cap Scombris), is the most sparsely populated with only 250,000 people. It is home to many of the island's hotels and resorts.
Port de Vent
Port St. Brendan
Port St. Brendan was previously the fifth administrative division of Port de Vent. It was attached to Port de Vent at the time of Port de Vent's acquisition. Reaching no more than a population of 8,400 under Burgundian administration, the island was ceded to Urcea in 1954 as part of the LOTA Basing Initiative.