Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association
This article is a incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
|Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association|
Associatio Tractati Levantiae Odonerusque (Latin)
|Motto||Ad susceptum perficiendum |
(Latin: "In order to achieve what has been undertaken")
|Formation||18 August 1936|
|Extinction||31 December 2037|
|Headquarters||Bourne House, Holchester, Ænglasmarch|
|Region served||Levantia, Sarpedon|
Error creating thumbnail: File missingVeltorina
|Official languages||English, Latin|
The Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association (LOTA; Latin: Associatio Tractati Levantae Odonerusque), was a military and economic alliance based in the environs of Levantia and Sarpedon. The alliance was formed as a formal institution of the natural alliance between parties threatened by the growth of Caphirian interests during the Great War, and continued to serve in this purpose during the Occidental Cold War. Since the conclusion of the Cold War, the organization has been reoriented towards mutual defense of Levantine powers as well as an organization aimed at forwarding the interests of Levantia. In 2037, the remaining members voted to dissolve the organization and transfer its assets and role to the Levantine Union Defense Council, a successor organization fully integrated within the Levantine Union.
The Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association was established as a formalized alliance between co-combatants of the Great War, namely Urcea, Burgundie, Cartadania, and later Iulia. The agreement was viewed as a necessity for a long war, as it clarified the terms of military cooperation and formally established open basing and border policies between its members for the remainder of the conflict and beyond. Iulia would join the organization in 1947 with the opening of the Vâlcean Theater of the Great war.
With the end of the Great War and dawn of the Occidental Cold War, the existence of the Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association was calcified by the mutual threat Caphiria posed to its four members, ensuring that the organization survived beyond the close of hostilities of the Great War. In 1958, Yonderre was admitted to LOTA.
The Assumption Accords brought about the end of the Occidental Cold War, and as part of their terms, Great Vâlcea withdrew from the Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association; Urcea would continue to guarantee the nation's independence following the Accords.
The end of the Occidental Cold War brought about a significant refocusing LOTA from an anti-Caphirian alliance to a pan-Levantine security organization, not only for the purposes of ensuring the mutual defense of its members but also in order to pool the resources and influence of its members in order to project Levantine power in an organized manner, as displayed by Operation Western Blizzard and Operation Mission Shield. With the end of the Great Schism of 1615, relations between Caphiria and Levantia had normalized such that Urcea and Burgundie reached an accord with Cartadania to leave the organization and join STARS. This move fully completed the reorientation of the organization towards Levantine defense and power projection. In June 2037, the Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association formally closed its headquarters in Dorhaven, Castle Eráannach, relocating its headquarters to Bourne House in Ænglasmarch, symbolizing the reorientation of LOTA's policies. Later that year, the organization - now entirely consisting of members of the Levantine Union - voted to dissolve the organization and reform it within the structure of the Levantine Union, forming the Levantine Union Defense Council.
LOTA Basing Initiative
In 1954, the organization created the LOTA Basing Initiative, an effort to create unified theaters of operation by locating allied bases in the same region. As part of this initiative, Burgundie ceded part of Port de Vent to Urcea, creating the island territory of Port St. Brendan in the process.