Quicksilver Industries' corporate headquarters in Venceia, 2030
|Founded||04 April 1934|
|Founder||Alexandus Laelias Venio|
|Headquarters||Silver Park, Venceia, Caphiria|
Alexandus Venio II |
|Revenue||$$344 billion (2030)|
|$91.324 billion (2030)|
|Total assets||$4.165 trillion (2030)|
Number of employees
|2.43 million (2030)|
Quicksilver Industries is a Caphiravian global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies conglomerate with worldwide interests. It provides other logistics and operations support, as well as operates in numerous non-military fields such as real estate, financial services, software development, vehicle manufacturing and more. Founded in 1934 to meet the manufacturing demand as a result of the Great War, Quicksilver Industries rapidly expanded and extended its reach worldwide. By the end of the Great War, Quicksilver had become one of the largest defense contractors in the world. due to shifting markets, defense consolidation, and globalism, Quicksilver Industries began to operate in more diverse sectors and industries.
Quicksilver Industries has grown to become one of the largest companies in the world; it is the largest publicly traded company by market capitalization, annual revenue, and workforce both nationally and globally. It is also the largest defense contractor in the world; 68% of Quicksilver's revenues came from military sales; it topped the list of Caphiravian government contractors and received nearly 45% of the funds paid out by the Ministry of Defense. The company employs close to 2.5 million employees worldwide and has offices in every major country on earth.
Quicksilver Industries operates in three main business sectors: Manufacturing, Defense Solutions, and Operations Security. Additionally, it has a dedicated research and technological development sector - called Quicksilver Labs - and more recently a sector dedicated to the company's holdings and interests in a wide and diverse range of companies that aren't necessarily a part of the main sectors - called QS Innovations. Each business sector may contain multiple subsidiaries and companies, each with its own unique subculture and organization that functions in semi-autonomy.
In addition to its own domestic defense operations, Quicksilver is able to execute international operations on a large scale, varying from simple manufacturing plants to extensive extra-governmental contracts. While not officially acknowledged, Quicksilver can also function as its own private military company that provides integrated security, mission support and risk management services to corporate, government and for-profit clients. Quicksilver Industries has received significant criticism regarding the legality of the practices of its contractors, its environmental and business practices, including anti-competitive behavior, privacy concerns, tax avoidance, antitrust, censorship, and corruption.
Quicksilver Industries is headquartered in Venceia, Caphiria, and plans to build a second headquarters in the future. The current Chief Executive is Alexandus Venio II, who has been leading the company since 1988. He is a third-generation member of the Venio family; his grandfather founded the company and his father helped grow it to an international company.
- 1 History
- 2 Organization
- 3 Contracts and Operations
- 4 Corporate governance
History[edit | edit source]
1934–40: Founding and incorporation[edit | edit source]
Quicksilver Industries was formed as Venio Company Limited in 1934 by Alexandus Venio Sr as a result of a nationwide effort to meet the increasing demand for the defense industry in Caphiria during the Great War. The Imperium was giving out $250 million in low-interest loans to spur research and development across all sectors of the defense industry and Venio Company Limited received $15 million to focus on aircraft production. Between 1934 and 1938, VCL developed brake systems for automobiles and aircraft, licensing out the technology to its competitors and used the profits to go on an acquisition spree.
The most notable acquisition was Savin Corporation, who at the time was one of the most influential defense companies in Caphiria. Savin was responsible for the development and creation of the Vega X3 series of aircraft, and had produced over 80 aircraft and employed more than 300 workers. After the acquisition, production increased threefold and by 1940 VCL was producing 5 different types of vehicles and employed more than a thousand workers.
Production continued to ramp up prior to the war, and VCL continued to release new and improved models of aircraft throughout the years. The Imperium commissioned a radical new design, a fighter aircraft with a twin-engined, twin-boom design, and VCL won all but one contract from the government during the entirety of the war. In early 1941, VCL formally incorporated as a corporation, raising $50 million. Less than three months after incorporating, the company bought a massive plot of land to start construction on its manufacturing facilities. During the war, the entire area was camouflaged to fool enemy aerial reconnaissance. The factory was hidden beneath a huge burlap tarpaulin painted to depict a peaceful semi-rural neighborhood, replete with rubber automobiles. Hundreds of fake trees, shrubs, buildings, and even fire hydrants were positioned to give a three-dimensional appearance. The trees and shrubs were created from chicken wire treated with an adhesive and covered with feathers to provide a leafy texture.
By the time the war ended, VCL was second in Caphirian corporations in the value of wartime production contracts, accounting for 26% of wartime production. In total, it was estimated that VCL produced 26,423 aircraft during the Great War.
1940-60: Success and growth[edit | edit source]
1960-61: Merger with Allico[edit | edit source]
1961-66: International success and diversification[edit | edit source]
1966-88: Decline and restructuring[edit | edit source]
1988-present: Return to success and corporate hegemonism[edit | edit source]
Organization[edit | edit source]
Manufacturing[edit | edit source]
- Shockwave Integrated Defense Technologies (SID Tech) - SID Tech produces and manufactures fighter aircraft, airlifters, aerial refuelling tankers, helicopters, and airborne warfare systems, firearms and a variety of items related to firearms including its own custom variants of the AR-15 rifle, advanced rail systems, custom upper receivers, and advanced barrels among others. It also designs and manufactures naval ships and submarines, and armoured fighting vehicles such as tanks, armoured cars, reconnaissance vehicles, internal security vehicles, APCs, infantry fighting vehicles, and anti-aircraft vehicles.
- Lansing-Mitchell Weaponeering (LMW) - LMW is a wholly-owned subsidiary global weapons manufacturing company specializing in handguns; it is headquartered in Burgundie and more than half of its revenue comes from there.
Defense Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Shockwave Global Solutions (SGS) - SGS is responsible for development, building, hardening, securing, testing and integrating complex communications systems, networks and products and provide the highest level of support solutions for the public and private sector. They are capable of networking and platform integration; cyber security, defense products, and operational support; satellite communications; protected radio communications products; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, systems and space electronics; mission planning and management systems, weapon control systems and platform computing systems and open architecture information systems.
- Vepr Defense - Creates military radar, sensors and related products including C4I radar systems for air defense, Airspace Management radar systems such as AMASS, and battlefield surveillance systems like the Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL).
- Atlas Tech - Manages QSI's current and future portfolio of fixed-wing military and surveillance aircraft, including fighters and commercial derivative platforms, and support of key platforms such as the executive transport fleet, which is used to transport the Imperator of Caphiria.
- Chromeria Military Solutions - Provides integrated security, mission support and risk management services to corporate, government and nonprofit clients. It operates the Chromeria Training Center (CTC) where it offers tactics and weapons training to military, government, and law enforcement agencies, as well as tactical training for maritime force protection units.
- Omega Systems - Formerly a competitor of Quicksilver, was purchased through a hostile takeover in July 2026. Omega developed the Raven UAV and is currently developing new UAV platforms and control systems. Omega Systems is headquartered in South Tryhstia.
- O'Shea Heavy Industrial Systems - Wholly owned subsidiary Burgundian military shipbuilding company. It specializes in building, remodeling, and repairing naval ships. The primary shipyard is located in Burgundie and has depots across the world.
Operations Security[edit | edit source]
- BDS Solutions - Designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernises and upgrades armoured combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armour.
- Ladestro Dynamics - Specializes in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cybersecurity solutions; weather and environmental solutions, and information-based solutions for homeland security. The company also provides training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets
- O'Shea Operation Management Services - Offers large scale operations management and critical infrastructure maintenance
- Quicksilver Space Systems - Specializes in airborne radars and processors, electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) sensors, electronic warfare (EW) and precision guidance systems, active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars, space and missile defense technology, and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems. It has significant engineering and manufacturing facilities in Burgundie and Kiravia.
Quicksilver Labs[edit | edit source]
- SIX Developmental - The main research and development firm which operates in virtually every sector. There are 10 major R&D facilities spread across the world that work on an array of advanced technological projects.
- Redsun - The official name for the 'Advanced Development Program' and has high degree of autonomy, with the task of working on advanced or secret projects.
QS Innovations[edit | edit source]
- O’Shea Container Shipping - A division of O'Shea Heavy, this company focuses on intercontinental shipping, infrastructure design, construction and maintenance and is a world-class naval architecture and standardized container shipping firm. It also is the largest naval architecture firm in Burgundie.
- QV Properties - The holding company for all of QSI's corporate real estate holdings. It is also used to lease real estate to other corporations.
- Venio Enterprise Services - Provides shared capabilities and support services, principally to internal customers.
- Venio Finance Solutions - The financial services holding company of QSI. It operates a private equity fund, a multinational insurance company, and customer-oriented, financial products and services to individual customers and businesses.
- Caphiria Architects & Engineers - A wholly owned subsidiary which is one of the largest architectural firms in the world, having worked on some of the most iconic buildings in Caphiria and internationally.
- Petalstone - A wholly owned subsidiary that produces consumer electronics, home appliances, and semiconductors.
- Silver Lineworks - An engineering and robotics design holding company. It produces machines of varying degrees of autonomy under contract from military drones to advanced artificial intelligence for tech companies and 3D simulations. The company is a pioneer in the field of robotics and it is one of the most advanced in its domain.
- Amazon Motors - A wholly owned subsidiary that produces luxury vehicles.
Contracts and Operations[edit | edit source]
Quicksilver Industries maintains numerous contracts spanning the aerospace, defense, security, and technologies industry. The company makes the bulk of its revenue in what is called contracts and operations.
Contracts typically revolve around the arms industry: manufacturing and selling weapons and military technology and equipment, as well as research and development, engineering, production, and the servicing of military material, equipment, and facilities. Contracts are almost always awarded by governments and military agencies though there has been a growing trend in the market for privatised military corporations. Quicksilver Industries has contracts with virtually every country on earth.
33% of total global revenue ($105 billion) accounts for long-term contracts with domestic and international governments, agencies, and militaries. Of that, 15% ($15.7 billion) accounts for local contracts with the Imperial Armed Forces of Caphiria, making it the largest defense contractor of the Imperium. General contracts with the Imperium make up 10% ($10.5 billion), with 6% ($6.3 billion) going towards foreign government contracts and 2% ($2.1 billion) accounting for commercial and other contracts.
Operations revolve around Quicksilver Industries acting as a private military corporation, providing integrated security, mission support and risk management services to corporate, government and non-profit clients. QSI owns and operates the Chromeria Training center (CTC), a training facility located on 7,000 acres, comprised of several ranges, indoor, outdoor, urban reproductions, a man-made lake, and two driving tracks. QSTC offers tactics and weapons training to military, government, and law enforcement agencies. The CTC also offers several open-enrollment courses periodically throughout the year, from hand to hand combat (executive course) to precision rifle marksmanship. They also offer courses in tactical and off-road driving. Unlike Quicksilver Contracts, any public or private institution that meets the prerequisites may request to hire QSI.
Corporate governance[edit | edit source]
Board of directors[edit | edit source]
The board of directors consists of 14 members: