Science and Technology in Burgundie
- 1 Infrastructure
- 1.1 Architecture
- 1.2 Mapping
- 1.3 Energy
- 1.4 Communications
- 2 Institutions
- 3 Discoveries
History of East architecture
- Etruscan architecture
- Ancient Roman architecture
- Histansahri and Gassavelian architecture
- Romanesque architecture
- Gothic architecture
- Renaissance architecture
- Baroque architecture post Great Confessional War, mostly the Duchies of Bourgondi and Marialanus, there was never enough money to go full Rocoo
- Neoclassical architecture mid 18th century, less ornate, more accessible, common in many eastern Latin principalities, common style that had more in common with other coastal areas, less in common with "Inner Dericania", not quite Two Derics yet but we are getting there
- Beaux-Arts architecture 1850s-1890sBurgundie united under this style and it was ubiquitous
- Art Nouveau considered the first Burgoignesc style 1890s-1927 (Great War)
- Modern architecture 1930s-early 1950s, war shortages saw an austerity movement that eschewed ornamentation out of necessity
- Kilikas Brutalism post-Great War reactionary style spear headed the voluntary utilitarian movements that followed
- Postmodern architecture 1960s-2010s a counter reaction to the austerity of Modern architecture, more ornamentation but still based in utility
- 21st century architecture:
Regional Architectural themes
Spanish_architecture#The_architecture_of_Al-Andalus coz of the Audonian Nestorians, like arches and stuff
The official maps of Burgundie are maintained by the Royal Burgundian Geological Survey and the Oceanographic, Atmospheric, and Cartographic Administration of Burgundie. Support for these maps is also provided by various branches of the Burgundian Security Forces, particularly the Revenue Guard and Defense Intelligence. All map originals are co-located in the Royal Archives and the Citizen's Court Library, and their electronic versions are kept both locally on 4 servers throughout Burgundie as well as on the servers in Argaea.
Redrafting of the geographic information system or GIS mapping in Burgundie occurs every 5 years across The Burgundies. Massive fleets of cartographic aircraft fly over and provide LIDAR, orthographic, oblique, and infrared images. The planes are also equipped with a series of sensors to detect large plumes of chemical, biological, radioactive, nuclear, or explosive materials, used by the Emergency Management Agency of Burgundie for hazard mapping. These maps also include the 20-mile territorial waters and major shipping lanes. The images are taking at 7.5cm and 15cm resolutions which provide the agencies with access to incredibly accurate and high-resolution detailed maps.
Every government agency has free unrestricted access to the base layer of the maps maintained by the Oceanographic, Atmospheric, and Cartographic Administration of Burgundie, but creates and utilizes their own GIS layers. Each level of government is allowed to chose the level of "up access" for its provincial and national agencies, but often times information is only shared with agencies during specific joint operations during a response. Any agency may request access to local or provincial layers, with the exception of the Emergency Management Agency of Burgundie, which has defacto access to all layers across The Burgundies.
Sometimes colloquially called the Resources Study, the Royal Burgundian Geological Survey creates the geological survey of The Burgundies every 10 years to produce an accurate series of geological maps and models. These surveys are offset from every other GIS mapping by two years to provide ample time to provide adequate base maps for the survey. Through the usage of walk-over surveys, boreholes, the studying of outcrops and landforms, ground penetrating radar, and the GIS base map, a geological situational picture is created.
Few agencies have direct access to the maps and data collected by the Royal Burgundian Geological Survey, but within three years of the completion of the survey a white paper is released with selected highlights and trends and a public map is released. With special dispensation from the Special Subcommittee on National Cartographic Security an agency can gain access to specific data from the survey.
Almost half of the consumable power in Burgundie is created in the countries 7 nuclear power plants. Burgundie Central Nuclear Power Plant (Gen II+) and Aylerham Nuclear Power Station (Gen III) are both located on the island of Burgundie. Levantine Burgundie has 4 nuclear plants, the Gehildr Plant (Gen II)in northern Zelthus, Hinhylde Nuclear Plant (Gen II+) in Solibris, Zelderthorpe Power Station (Gen II) in Meyerby, an Dunleigh Nuclear Power Generating Plant (Gen II) in Westmarch. The 7th nuclear power plant in Burgundie is the brand new AyerSee All Power Plant(Gen IV), a hybrid nuclear, wind and tidal power plant. There are also two archaic and inactive nuclear power plants in Burgundie that were mothballed as part of their decommissioning in 1990s, but can be made operational in 18 months. The Sigjold and Alde plants, both Generation I reactors in DunDrummin, were put into "protective hibernation" was part of the "BurgunFri" environmental movement in the 1980s and 1990s whose goal it was to eliminate Burgundies reliance of foreign oil and fossil fuels in general. They would be converted to molten salt reactors as part of their activation.
Nuclear power became prevalent in the 1960s with the construction of the experimental Raimond and Aioflde plants. With their success, another plant was built in Sedane. However, a surveyor was bribed to change the location of the proposed site and it was built on a fault-line. In 1974 a minor earthquake became a major catastrophe as the shifting ground caused the shielding around the reactor to crack and a moderate leak developed. The reactor was shut down and a 150 square kilometer area had to be cordoned off to contain the release of radioactive material. In 2004, O’Shea Container Shipping (transferred to O'Shea Operation Management Services) purchased the land and used it to develop Radioactive Removal Services (RRS) technologies. The accident slowed the pace of the Nuclear power sector in Burgundie for about 10 years. However, during the "BurgunFri" environmental movement it came back and the following plants were built in the 1980s and 1990s:
- Burgundie Central Nuclear Power Plant (1987), modernized in 2014
- Hinhylde Nuclear Plant (1990), modernized in 2021
- Dunleigh Nuclear Power Generating Plant (1992)
- Zelderthorpe Power Station (1996)
- Gehildr Plant (1996)
The rapid growth of the Vilauristre and NordHalle metro areas led to the construction of Aylerham Nuclear Power Station in 2017 when the upgraded Burgundie Central Nuclear Power Plant still couldn't meet the demand. In the summer of 2027, the experimental AyerSee All Power Plant opened to meet the needs of the growing Revenue Guard and Burgundian naval presence on the island. It is a pebble fuel reactor instead of using solid fuel rods, something that was proved incredibly efficient after the modernization of the Hinhylde Nuclear Plant. It was hailed as a great achievement in Burgundian ingenuity. It is hoped that plant will provide enough power for the whole island and that any additional energy can be sold, via an undersea transmission cable, to Midnapore and Pukhtunkwa.
Since 2027 all of the Isle of Burgundie, Ultmar, the trade islands, and Wintergen have been upgraded to 5G network. Most of the urban areas in Flordeterra and Burgundian Dericania are also 5G, but the hinterlands remain 4G with some extremely remote areas still operating with 3G. There are five major carriers across The Burgundies, in order of size they are Vintage Wireless, Extron Burgundie Mobile, National Wireless Services, Island Mobile, Great Seas BurgunMobile.
Starting in 2015, the government reinvested in copper wire phones lines as part of the Redundant Infrastructure for a Stronger Burgundie Act, a massive critical infrastructure bill that focused on target hardening and community resilience measures. As of 2029, the copper wire aspect of the project is 40% complete with all inhabited properties across Burgundie zoned municipal and commercial connected to the copper network. Residential connections are expected to be completed by 2048. In addition to the connections to existing buildings, the Act stipulates that all new development must include copper wire connections to each building. This coincides with deployment of a nationalized 211 (the Emergency telephone number in Burgundie) network. This allows for any level of government to utilize the reverse-111 system to reach out to their citizens with emergency information. Burgundie also utilizes the N11 code as follows:
- 2-1-1: Emergency services (police, fire, ambulance/rescue services)
- 3-1-1: Community services and information
- 4-1-1: Municipal government services, non-emergency number
- 5-1-1: Traffic information or police non-emergency services
- 6-1-1: Directory assistance, Telephone company (telco) customer service, and repair
- 7-1-1: TDD and Relay Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- 8-1-1: Underground public utility location
- 9-1-1: non-emergency Public healthhealth information and services
|Australis Research Facility||South Pole||November 1936-present|
Antarctic research facility
|Borealis Research Facility||High Artic||July 1929-present|
Arctic research facility
|Novilla Research Complex||Northern Aquilonem Ocean||2026-present||150px|
|Oligarchia_grammaticorum||concieved at the Universitas Magistrorum, NordHalle, Burgundie
currently operates all across Ixnay
|1424-present||The main building of Fine Arts, in the Universitas Magistrorum, proportedly the HQ of the Oligarchia_grammaticorum|
|Waldemar Medical and Academic Area||Vilauristre, Burgundie||1975-present||Large area with many hospitals, medical research facilities and academic institutions|
|Clipper Ships||NordHalle, Burgundie||1832|
First constructed by Doppel Gangway
|hyperbolic radio navigation||Universitas Magistrorum, NordHalle, Burgundie||1946|
The LORAN tower on Picea in the Levantine Ocean
|Automatic identification system||Universitas Magistrorum, NordHalle, Burgundie||1995|
Pictoral demonstration of the AIS relay process